Grade 6 Ningbo Experience
Simingshan Grade 6 Trip is located in Ningbo, Zhejiang Province.
The HIS Grade 6 Program is supported by the Karst Climber outdoor education company who provide quality staff, equipment, and locations for student experiential learning.
Siming Shan National Park is a conveniently located area near Hangzhou. The site is quiet and scenic with facilities and infrastructure to accommodate small to mid-sized groups and makes for a great introduction to outdoor trips.
The layout and variety of activities make Siming Shan suitable for short trips for Grade 6 participants. The TRY programs are great for building confidence in the outdoors, leaning basic new skills and especially working on team building, problem solving, support and acceptance.
Transfer Hangzhou- Si Ming Shan ( 2.5- 3 h)
Ice breakers & Team Games
Lunch en route
Catapults building - multi layered activity
Group meeting/ Movie
Rope Challenge segment
BBQ & Campfire
Rafting / Cooking activity
Return to Hangzhou
- Team Initiatives and Ice Breakers - best done upon arrival, for instructors and participants to get familiar with one another, stretch after the long drive and have a giggle.
- Hiking - a relatively short but intense hike, with uphills, downhills, single trails and a good forest to pass through, it offers a good variety of educational moments where participants can practice and apply school-learnt science knowledge.
- Catapults - an extended activity where the groups have to use creativity, artistic talent, marketing and economic skills plus some smart design to build functional, efficient equipment.
- Rope Course- a series of low rope challenges for individuals and groups. While they are personal challenges , for each individual to overcome their limitations, to stay focused and problem solve, a big emphasis is put on peer support.
- Treasure Hunt - at the end of the program, this is a good opportunity to bring it all together and apply all the experiences from the past few days. Teams will be encouraged to do their best, stay positive and supportive , express good sportsmanship and most of all have fun.
- Rafting / Cooking activity - an easy but exciting white water rafting experience (conditions dependent) or a workshop cooking local snacks and treats that the group can take away for the bus ride back to school.
Food & Accommodation
Catered food - food is provided at the hotel’s restaurant and Karst will make sure to choose a menu that offers variety and a good nutritional value for young children. Most of the items are Chinese cuisine representatives. Breakfasts are supplemented by Karst Climber with items most students would be familiar with ( toast, eggs, bacon, cereals & milk).
During activity days, snacks, fruit and water are provided to keep the energy levels high.
SimingShan LaoShiLin Hotel - accommodation is provided within walking distance to most activities; The hotel is relatively new, they are in the mid range category and allows participants a comfortable stay for the program, with a good meeting and dining space.
HIS Teacher Chaperones
- Ms. Confait: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mr. Kresge: (email@example.com)
- Ms. Zhang: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Karst Climber Staff Contact information
- Ben 15697733432
- Ginger 18690612955
- Lucas 18406739643
- Beau 18278300795
- Nick 18377356813
- Abao 13164766965
- Ningbo Hospital 57487085588