Fill out and submit an Online Application form online
Upload all necessary documents or email them to the Admission Office at
Required documents for the applications:
- Copy of applicant passport (original must be available).
- Copy of applicant Chinese valid visa.
- Copy of applicant Birth Certificate.
- Copy of applicant immunization record.
- If applying to Kindergarten: School Reports from previous schooling. *
- If applying to Grade 1 to Grade 9: School Reports from at least the two previous years of school. Any standardized test results (NWEA MAP, ISA, IOWA, WIDA, SAT, PSAT, etc). *
- If applying to Grade 10 to Grade11: School reports from at least the two previous years of school and High School Transcripts for all completed High School coursework. Any standardized test results (NWEA MAP, ISA, IOWA, WIDA, SAT, PSAT, etc). *
- Copies of parents' passports.
- Copies of parents' Chinese valid visa.
Note: In some cases, especially at the upper school levels, the school may require additional documentation or assessment information before making a decision on admission. This may include, but is not limited to letter(s) of recommendation, a learning support assessment, WIDA and/or NWEA testing at HIS, or writing sample.
*All reports, if not in English, should have a copy translated in English.
Pay the application fee RMB 2,500. This application fee is non-refundable, no exceptions. Before you make the payment, it is your responsibility to make sure you are able to submit all the documentation required. The Admissions Committee reviews a completed application and a decision is sent to the family after approximately one work week.
*Please notice that a campus visit is required for all applicants currently living in Hangzhou.