Join Our Team
We are committed to being an equitable, inclusive and world class place to work, offering existing and prospective faculty and staff a high-quality work environment. At the heart of HIS are our excellent people – academic and professional faculty and staff, as well as a very warm and supportive parent community, who are dedicated to providing a nurturing learning environment for all.
Please find on our "Employment Opportunities" page the latest vacancies for HIS for 2018 – 2019 and any possible immediate openings. We encourage you to periodically check this site as vacancies develop.
Shortlisted candidates for our positions will be notified by our administrators.
- Competitive faculty compensation/benefits and savings potential
- True diversity in student and faculty nationalities
- Model community-focused transition support for all
- Respectful students who love their school and teachers
- Teachers who are empowered to focus on their craft
- Committed parents actively engaged in supporting HIS
- A strong commitment to collaboration and staff appreciation
- A location within a safe, dynamic, cosmopolitan yet ancient city
- Plenty of scope for travel and adventure
- Varied professional development opportunities and expat clubs/activities in the city
Hangzhou International School is an independent, non-profit, co-ed day school for over 600 students from more than 45 nationalities in Nursery through Grade 12. The majority of our expat teaching staff comes from the US, Australia, the U.K., Europe, New Zealand, and South Africa. HIS is an authorized IB World School, accredited by WASC, and a member of the regional associations ACAMIS and EARCOS.
We are accepting applications for positions for the 2018-19 school year.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with recent photo to:
Mr. Jeffry Stubbs at email@example.com.
You can learn more about the thriving HIS community at www.his-china.org.