Join Our Team
We are committed to being an equitable, inclusive and world class place to work, offering existing and prospective faculty and staff a high-quality work environment. At the heart of HIS are our excellent people – academic and professional faculty and staff, as well as a warm and supportive parent community, who are dedicated to providing a nurturing learning environment for all.
Please find on our "Employment Opportunities" page the latest vacancies for HIS for 2023 – 2024 and any possible immediate openings. We encourage you to periodically check this site as vacancies develop.
Shortlisted candidates for our positions will be notified by our administrators.
- Competitive faculty compensation/benefits and savings potential
- True diversity in student and faculty nationalities
- Model community-focused transition support for all
- Respectful students who love their school and teachers
- Committed parents actively engaged in supporting HIS
- Teachers who are empowered to focus on their craft
- A strong commitment to collaboration and staff appreciation
- A location within a safe, dynamic, cosmopolitan yet ancient city
- Plenty of scope for travel and adventure
- Varied professional development opportunities and ex-pat clubs/activities in the city
- A full IB Continuum teaching and learning experience (IB PYP, MYP and DP)
- A brand-new state-of-the-art campus since August 2022
Hangzhou International School is an independent, non-profit, co-ed day school for over 900 students from more than 50 nationalities in Early Years through Grade 12. The majority of our expat teaching staff comes from the US, Australia, the U.K., Europe, New Zealand, and South Africa. HIS is an authorized IB World School, accredited by WASC, and a member of the regional associations ACAMIS and EARCOS.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with a recent photo to:
Mr. Jeffry Stubbs at firstname.lastname@example.org