HIS PAFA (Parents and friends association) are primarily a community-building group.
All parents and guardians of HIS students, faculty, staff members, administration, and support staff are also automatically members of PAFA.
Together as parents, students, staff, faculty and friends, we will build a solid foundation that unites our diversity and fosters a positive, cohesive community. We all play an important role on the HIS campus.
Parental involvement is extremely important. It not only ensures we have the people power necessary to put on school activities; it also shows our students that they are valued members of our community.
Involvement does not have to be a full time commitment. One can help out for any event, volunteer to bring in a decoration, or simply provide their email address so people can contact them with questions. Any help strengthens the HIS community as a whole, which ultimately improves the student-learning environment.
It’s important to remember that PAFA:
- Encourage parent and community involvement
- Help coordinate programs outside of the provided curriculum
- Encourage participation by all without discrimination
- Work collaboratively with school leadership (including administrators, teachers, and staff) to foster a positive and productive school culture
- Effectively communicate PAFA decisions and events with all members
- Raise funds to support various efforts that build our community
- Connect parents & the appropriate staff people, if parents do not know whom to approach for help.
If you have any questions please contact us: