FAQs for Adolescent Development
The Adolescent Development Workshops are always a popular session as parents return each year to learn just what kind of challenges they will be facing with their new teenagers. Ms. Long provides insights, sage advice, and suggestions for how best to recognize and deal with the typical difficulties that a home with a teenager might encounter. See some of the Frequently-Asked-Questions responded to below.
- Why is my teen staying up so late and then sleeping until noon?
- How do I get my teen to take more responsibility?
- Why is my teen so argumentative?
- How can I deal with the mood swings?
- My teen wants to do everything that his friends do, including the same classes and clubs. How can I get him to make up his own mind?
- How can I stop my teen from spending all her time online?
- My son’s grades are dropping. How can I help?
- I plan for my teen to go to an Ivy League college. How can I ensure that this will happen?
- My daughter doesn’t want anyone to come into her room, and it is very messy! How can I get her to tidy it without an argument?
- I want my son to go out with his friends- I don’t think it is healthy to be inside all the time. How can I encourage him to be more active?
- My daughter and I are arguing about how late she can stay out. How can I make her obey me?